Conducting City Business
City facilities will reopen to the public for essential business beginning on Monday June 15 as follows. Please respect social distancing at all times.
City Hall/Public Works Offices
Doors will be open Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Cash, check and credit/debit cards will be accepted on site for Public Works payments (for detailed information, see “VCPW Utility Bills: How do I pay my bills?” which follows below). Cash and check will be accepted on site for all other payments.
COVID-19 safety measures: Utility customers are encouraged to consider payment options that do not require an onsite visit such as auto-pay, dropboxes, or payments by phone or mail. Call Valley City Public Works at 701-845-0380 for more information.
For assistance with general government matters, Valley City residents, visitors, and vendors are encouraged to call 701-845-1700 to speak with city officials or to request an appointment prior to stopping at City Hall or Public Works offices. Information and forms are also readily available at www.valleycity.us.
Guests will be asked to remain in designated waiting areas while being assisted or prior to scheduled appointments. Hand sanitizer is available throughout City Hall and Public Works. Employees and guests may wear masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
City meetings will remain closed to the general public due to space limitations, as authorized by Governor’s Executive Order 2020-16. Instructions to access specific meetings by electronic means will be posted on the meeting agendas. Public comments regarding city business will be accepted in writing any time, or during meetings by phone or Zoom.
Gates will be open Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Cash or check will be accepted on site.
COVID-19 safety measures: Customers are encouraged to call Valley City Public Works at 701-845-0380 to set up a credit or debit charge account prior to visiting the Transfer Station. Staff will not be able to assist customers with the unloading of materials. Employees and guests may wear masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Police Department/Municipal Court
Doors will be open Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Fingerprinting and notary services will resume on Monday June 15.
COVID-19 safety measures: Citizens are encouraged to initiate police reports by calling 701-845-3110. Records may be requested by calling 701-845-3110 or emailing email@example.com.
Municipal Court is held every other Tuesday at 9:30 AM. All sessions of court will be held by phone until further notice. To appear, call 701-845-8150 and enter conference ID: 981089. For additional questions contact the Clerk of Court at 701-845-3110.
For information regarding other city facilities, please call 701-845-1700.
VCPW Utility Bills: How do I pay my bills?
Utility Bill Payments – Options during Emergency Closure:
Public Works will provide the following payment options during the emergency closure:
- Complete the Automatic Payment Authorization Form available at www.valleycity.us, and submit to Public Works, PO Box 240, Valley City, ND 58072.
- Payment by check or money:
- Mail to Valley City Public Works, PO Box 240, Valley City, ND 58072.
- Drop box located in the parking lot north of the Post Office.
- Drop box located inside the entryway to Public Works at 254 2nd Avenue NE
- Payments deposited in the drop boxes by 8:00 AM will be credited to the previous day’s business activities.
- Cash payments will be accepted in the drop boxes only for the duration of the emergency closure and must be enclosed in an envelope with information that clearly identifies the account holder and account.
- Payment by credit card:
- Credit card payments will be accepted by phone only for the duration of the emergency closure and only using the account holder’s credit card. Please call 701-845-0380 during regular business hours.
COVID-19 Press Releases & Mayor’s Messages
COVID-19 General Information
ND Smart Restart Protocols
Added 04/29/2020 4:00 PM
The State of ND has posted the ND Smart Restart protocols online.
“This applies not only to those businesses affected by executive orders, but to all businesses as we enter this new normal.”
- Universal protocols and industry specific standards are available on the ND Response website.
COVID-19 Related Questions?
The City of Valley City will continue to monitor this quickly evolving situation and will follow the recommendations of local, state, and federal health experts. Residents are also encouraged to rely on accurate and current advice from trusted sources. Covid-19 related questions will be directed to
Protecting Yourself & Your Family
Most importantly, take steps to protect yourself and your family:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water (or hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a disposable tissue or use the inside of your elbow
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and practice social distancing in general
- If you believe you or a family member is sick please stay home and call a medical professional