Last Updated On
You are here:
- Remove standing water where mosquitoes could lay eggs:
- Eliminate unnecessary water holding containers, especially tires, large cans and bottles.
- Keep clean water in children’s wading pools & drain when not in use.
- Keep ditches and streams adjoining your property free of grass clippings, garbage, and other debris, which obstruct the natural flow of water.
- Keep weeds & grass cut short during the summer months. Report vacant lots that are not maintained properly to city officials.
- Make sure stored boats are covered or water drained out of them completely. Store small boats upside down.
- Change water in birdbaths, fountains and troughs weekly.
- Clean roof gutters.
- Control mosquitoes inside your home
- Maintain proper screening for windows and doors.
- An indoor fogger or spray can be used to kill mosquitos. Mosquitos rest in dark, humid places. Always follow the precautions and instructions on the label.
- Protect yourself and others
- Wear light colored, long pants and long-sleeved shirts when outside.
- Stay indoors during the evening and early morning hours when mosquitoes are most active.
Valley City Public Works: Mosquito Program
Valley City Public Works will fog for mosquitos throughout the summer. Prior to scheduled application, Public Works will announce upcoming dates in the Times Record and on KOVC stations. Generally, this will occur in the evenings.