City Commission Finance Meeting
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Call to Order
- Public Works reports.
- Out of State Training Requests:
- One police officer: Field Training Officer class in Bemidji, MN on 2-26 until 3-2.
- Two firefighters: Fire Department Instructor’s Conference in Indianapolis, IN on 4-24 until 4-27.
- VCPW accounting clerk: Incode Conference in Boston, MA on 04-22 until 04-25
- Discuss Memorandum of Understanding between State of ND ITD and City of Valley City for statewide interoperable radio network (City Attorney Mertins).
- Discuss email for Commissioners (City Attorney Mertins)
- Discuss moving forward with a “Request for Qualifications” for the city’s project engineer (City Administrator Schelkoph)
- Discuss proposed rate changes to the city’s garbage rate (City Administrator Schelkoph)
- Discuss MRES electrical safety program for all 5th graders in Valley City (City Administrator Schelkoph)
- Review bids for Mill Dam elevator demolition (City Administrator Schelkoph)
- Discuss changes to the Liquor Ordinance to make mandatory server training for all employees that serve/sell alcohol (Commissioner Bishop & President Carlsrud)
- Discuss changes to the Liquor Ordinance to allow for a brew/tap room license (City Attorney Mertins)
- Discuss jail (President Carlsrud)