City Commission Meeting
Valley City, North Dakota
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Call To Order
Pledge of Allegiance (Please Stand)
Approval of Agenda
Approval of Minutes
Minutes from February 18, 2020 meeting
Approval of Consent Agenda
- Approve Monthly Reports from the Fire Chief, Building Inspector, Auditor, Municipal Judge and Public Works Accountant.
- Approve Monthly Bills for the City and Public Works in the Amount of $
- Approve Block off the Street Request for Sheyenne Valley Soapbox Derby Association on June 6, 2020 on Central
- Approve Electrician, Plumber and/or Mechanical Contractor License(s) for the following businesses:
- Bakkegard & Schell, Inc.
- Dakota Electric Construction Inc., Co.
- Enterprise Electric, Inc.
- Grotberg Electric, Inc.
- Grotberg Electric, Inc. dba Triton Mechanical
- Hi-Line Electric, Inc.
- John’s Refrigeration & Electric, Inc.
- Kohn Electric, LLC
- Moorhead Electric, LLC
- Peterson Mechanical, Inc.
- RJ’s Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
- Scott’s Electric, Inc.
- Wrigley Mechanical, Inc.
- Approve House Movers License for the following businesses:
- Carrington House Movers, Inc.
Roll Call: Powell Erickson Magnuson Bishop Carlsrud
Attorney General’s “A Citizen’s Guide to North Dakota Open Records & Open Meetings Laws” *A member of the public does not have the right to speak to the governing body at an open meeting. The public is only entitled to see and hear what happens at a meeting, and to record or broadcast those observations.
- No personal attacks to persons present or not
- No inflammatory language used during time that you have the platform
- 5 minute maximum or as directed by the chair
- Thank you for participating in City Government.
- Receive Update Regarding 2020 Census (Krystle Hartsell)
- Approve Recommendations from the Visitors Committee (Bobby Koepplin, Chair):
- Recommendation to include and/or amend a 12 month deadline to use funds with an option for a 6 month extensions for the Image Enhancement Grant, Image Enhancement Grant for Historic Buildings, and the Food & Beverage Grant
- Recommendation to implement the deadlines as presented for outstanding projects including Wild Prairie Bakery, Brockopp Brewing, Ivy Real Estate, Chamber of Commerce – Rosebud
Roll Call: Bishop Magnuson Erickson Powell Carlsrud
- Consider Site Authorization for Valley City Hockey and Figure Skating Club at Youth Sports Complex (City Auditor Richter)
Roll Call: Erickson Bishop Magnuson Powell Carlsrud
- Approve Purchase of Freightliner Truck with Leach Packer for Sanitation Department for net purchase price of $175,316.00 (Sanitation Department Head Swart)
Roll Call: Magnuson Powell Bishop Erickson Carlsrud
- Approve Purchase of Trailer from M&G Trailer Sales in the Amount of $13,822.50 for the Electrical Department (Public Works Accountant Jacobson)
Roll Call: Powell Bishop Erickson Magnuson Carlsrud
- Consider Amendment to Engineering Agreement for Permanent Flood Protection Phase IV (KLJ)
Roll Call: Bishop Erickson Magnuson Powell Carlsrud
- Consider Cost-Share Request to ND State Water Commission for Additional Engineering Services for CLOMR Process (KLJ)
Roll Call: Erickson Powell Magnuson Bishop Carlsrud