Sunday, April 26, 2020
LIFE GOES FORWARD:
- It is Sunday evening the 26th and we have 867 cases in North Dakota of which four are in Barnes County. Just remember Social Distancing, be safe; “you know the drill”.
- Our weather has made a turn for the better. I have seen kids playing “hopscotch”, “chalk art”, people walking, rollerblading, skateboarding, biking and fishing. Get out and enjoy life. We only have to “stay apart” now so we can “be together” later.
- The June 9th Municipal Election includes a ballot question to approve the extension of an existing one-half (1/2) percent sales tax for Permanent Flood Protection (PFP). The tax will run 15 years or until retirement of the debt. The sales tax dedication was approved with a sunset of December 31, 2047 so the extension would begin from that date. The extension is needed to meet the Bank of North Dakota requirements providing 30 years of funding to match the 30-year loans needed for PFP. Again, this is an extension of time only, not an increase in sales tax.
- Mail Ballot Applications will be sent out by April 30th.
- We will have another 5:30 Press Briefing Wednesday and our guest will be VCSU President Al Lafave. Please join us.
Blessings and be safe.