- The COVID-19 positive tests continue rising in North Dakota though Barnes County, due much to your good efforts, is doing pretty well. As restrictions are relaxed, we are faced with greater freedoms. With greater freedom, we face more decisions. Be “North Dakota Smart”!
- The other day I was excited to see a friend and inadvertently shook hands with him; my mistake. That was an unnecessary exposure for each of us. A pleasant “hello” and a smile would have accomplished a sincere greeting. Be careful.
- Though some of the soil in our region is too wet, there are a few crops looking nice and some very “plush” pastures. We are Blessed with a plethora of pretty colors again this year, blues, greens, reds and more. “The Most Beautiful City in North Dakota.
- The tree foliage at this time is magnificent. Stop, look and enjoy as many are pretty, some are like artwork and some are just plain “majestic”.
- A tree can look very nice, but its survival could be in danger. Pruning and trimming are essential!
Google, “Tree Trimming, Why”: “Proper pruning encourages strong growth, increases flower and fruit production, improves plant health, and removes damaged limbs, all which give aesthetic appeal to a tree. Pruning at the right time and in the right way is critical, since it is possible to kill a healthy tree through neglect or over-pruning”.
A great resource for us is Randy Grueneich, our Extension Agent; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember “Census 2020”; BE COUNTED! Thank you.
- “It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else”. (Regina Brett, 90 years old, writer for the Cleveland Plain Dealer)
Blessings, Pray and Be Safe,