- Guess what, our grasses are tinder dry and we really need some good rains. In the meantime, please be careful, our VCFD has had grassfire calls since the rains we had a while ago. The heat and wind have facilitated combustibility.
- To maximize your water, please see the following: Watering lawns in the morning is best. The grass plants are active and will absorb the needed water. Extra water will evaporate, keeping the grass blades dry and preventing diseases. Watering during the afternoon is not recommended since much of the water will evaporate before the plants can absorb it. The worst time to irrigate is the evening since the lawn will remain wet all night, leading to diseases. https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/yardandgardenreport/2014-08-04/summer-lawn-care
- A case for our Municipal Power and Electrical Department. Our power was “on” 100% of the time in April and 99.9999% of the time in May. A “hungry Squirrel” caused the single outage.
- Summer weather has more kids out playing in their yards and near streets so please be aware when you are driving. One never knows when a ball escapes the yard and a young one runs onto the street so please, NO TEXTING while driving.
- There have been many people utilizing facilities in Chautauqua Park and that it is so dry, it gets extremely dusty for them when people speed. Please drive slowly as the speed limit is 5 MPH.
- If you have yet to get your COVID Vaccine, please consider it further. The vaccine has been successful. Call 845-8518 for information.
- “”Coincidence” is God’s way of remaining anonymous.” (Albert Einstein)
Blessings, Be Kind, Be Respectful and Pray