- RIVERFEST is coming this weekend, get out and watch or even better, participate in the fun, ENJOY!! https://valleycitynd.org/tourism_riverfest.php
- Congratulations Lee Olsberg on your retirement and for investing 48-plus years in our Public Works Department working for the Citizens of Valley City. From all of us, thank you Lee.
- Gosh this drought is persistent! Caring for our yards, plants and buildings is really challenging. While Valley City is a naturally beautiful city, we need to give a little extra to cultivate said beauty under these conditions. The weeds and volunteer trees seem to grow readily so pull, cut or spray the ones on your properties. Remember to include the care of your alleys uptown and at home. Please keep your properties as nice as possible; thank you.
- House numbers help mail carriers, package carriers and emergency personnel find your house in minimum time. A house number’s size, contrasting color to background and positioning of the numbers are critical for them to be seen. Good house numbers benefit you and are supported by City Ordinance, so please help.
- The Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) is moving from east to west across the United States and is likely to threaten our area though it has NOT invaded Valley City to date. If/when EAB is threatening, our County Extension Office and State Forest Service will be keeping us informed. Currently there are some in southern Minnesota and SE South Dakota. Take a few minutes and read a bit about the EAB. http://www.emeraldashborer.info/about-eab.php
- August 5th, be watching for “The Longest Table”. For details see: http://www.vclongesttable.org/
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “The farmer has to be an optimist or wouldn’t still be a farmer.” (Will Rogers) Blessings, Be Respectful, Be Kind and Pray,