- Isn’t North Dakota weather crazy? The 30 and 40-degree temperature variances continually amaze me. Some of the trees are turning to their fall colors which seems too soon though the 1st day of fall is Wednesday the 22nd!!
- Perhaps like many of you, I am a bit fatigued with the COVID coming around again. That said, it seems to be particularly serious for those who are unvaccinated as 90-some % of patients in ICU’s are unvaccinated. I don’t like wearing a mask either, but if needed to protect young people who aren’t eligible for the vaccine, I will, and I hope you will too. To protect your family, friends and fellow workers, please be VACCINATED.
- Last week I was fortunate to attend the North Dakota League of Cities (NDLC) Annual Conference with a number of our city workers. There was a plethora of session topics from legal issues to the American Rescue Plan to energy to funding to cultural diversity and many others. It was very educational.
- A point of interest, Blake Crosby, NDLC Executive Director, announced his upcoming retirement. Blake has been a “champion” for all North Dakota communities. His working relationship with legislators is superb which allows our cities’ needs to be heard and understood. Thank you Blake, your efforts are appreciated and you will be missed.
- Many of you bring your utilities payments to City Hall. While you are welcome to do so, are you aware you can utilize Auto-Pay through your bank? It will save you time and money, as there is no charge for the Auto-Pay convenience. Call or stop in at City Hall and learn all about it.
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “My home is in Heaven, I am just traveling through this world.” (Billy Graham) Blessings, Respect Others, Be Kind and Pray,