- Valley City High School had its Homecoming last weekend with coronation, parade, football game, Fifty-Year Class reunion and more. A large crowd turned out to watch the many different parade units. Kudos to the Parade Committee and all who contributed to a successful VCHS Homecoming.
- You may have noticed the many people, young and old, wearing the white “Hi-Liner Pride” t-shirts around town. Thank you to Missouri River Energy Services, our partner in Valley City Municipal Power, for sponsoring the shirts.
- Public Power Utilities across the United States celebrate “Public Power Week” the first week in October each year. We are fortunate as having municipal power though our Publics Works Department as it affords us reliable power at great rates! Our power is usually on anywhere from .99997% to 100% of the time on a monthly basis. That is pretty amazing. Thanks to all who make it happen.
- Valley City State University will be holding its Homecoming this weekend. The football team will host Mayville State University; please check website and social media for more events.
- The Bridge City Cruisers will be hosting “Cruise Valley City” and the “Under The Lights Car Show“ Friday October 1st. The “cruise” will begin at 5:30 from the Rosebud Parking Lot and the “show” will begin at 7:00. For further information please call Myron at: 701-840-9421. Thank you Bridge City Cruisers.
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “Talent is God given; be humble. Fame is man-given; be grateful. Conceit is self-given; be careful.” (John Wooden) Blessings, Respect Others, Be Kind and Pray,