- Last week an extreme overnight rain created our current flood event. The flood forecast changed 3-4 feet from Friday evening to Saturday morning, basically creating a “flash flood”. The City Crews are placing floodwalls, clay and sandbags to protect us (Thank you). The runoff has been significant and pumps are slowly catching up. At this time, the river should crest later in the week.
- We are extremely grateful to the folks, many of whom are from VCSU, who volunteered help with sandbags and other assorted tasks. Thank you.
- Last Thursday VCSU, Valley City and the state of North Dakota celebrated the beautiful new Center for the Arts building with a Ribbon Cutting. Many people from here and around the state attended. It is a state of the art facility about which all can be proud. Call VCSU for information concerning a tour, concert or recital. Congratulations to all who contributed to the event and the building project.
- The Sixth Street NW road repair project from Central Avenue west to 5th Avenue will likely begin this week. Some of the preparatory work will include signage placement, laying the temporary water lines along the excavation area and lines to houses. The construction crews will do their best to inform residents when work will affect their residences.
- Fighting a “flash flood” is a whole different ballgame than when it is a snowmelt and there is time to prepare. Our City Staff is doing a great job, thank you again!
- This spring’s “clean-up week” will be June 6-11. Please check the City Website and Face Book Page for details.
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “When others are lost, dare to help them find the way ” (Roy T. Bennett) Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,