- Last weekend was opening of deer hunting gun season and incase you haven’t noticed is a BIG deal in our area! Our local businesses held an event for those who were not hunting, “Save a Buck & Spend Some Doe”. It was great seeing all the people uptown enjoying the stores, fellowship and nice weather.
- Speaking of weather, fall sure seems to present a myriad of patterns from 70’s & sunny to snowy and not so sunny. Fall has been pretty darn nice though cooler days are more frequent, enjoy the ones you can.
- November 11th is Veterans’ Day. It is a time to honor all Veterans of uniformed services who served or are still serving in times of peace or war. Please, “Thank a Veteran”.
- For you who aren’t aware, VCPS and VCSU collaborate to afford VCPS students to earn “Dual Credits”. The program allows students to earn college credits at a reduced cost while attending high school. Thank you to all who make these types of programs possible.
- Our city is offering some cost share opportunities should you like to replace your overhead power lines with underground. Check with our Electrical Superintendent, Marshall Senf, at 845-8143 to see if it works for you.
- Help. Overall we have done better picking up after our pets this year. One more thing, please pick up after your pets on the “The Broken Road”. Thank you for helping.
- Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) is working to maintain an affordable, reliable power supply for our 61 members.
- Thank you to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “All you really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” (Charlie Brown) Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,