- Last Saturday Valley City Parks and Rec. sponsored a youth basketball tournament with over 65 teams. It was fun seeing all the people around town. Thank you Parks & Rec.!
- Since we have had more slippery conditions, there have been more accidents. That said, there have been a number of injuries and deaths where people were not wearing seatbelts. “Seatbelts save lives”. Please wear a seatbelt, it may save your life allowing you continued time with your family and friends.
- Christmas Lighting, garland, trees and other decorations are present throughout town. During this season of love, hope and peace, why not take a little drive and enjoy?
- This week’s weather is forecast to be pretty nasty with possible rain, snow and wind. Be sure to have a complete winter survival kit in your vehicles and drive as conditions dictate. Be safe.
- Become a sports official, “Without officials, it is just practice”. Call 701-845-3953 for information.
- Every once-in-awhile conflicts seem to arise in our lives. A path to finding resolution is; clarify the issue, bring parties together to talk and identify possible solutions. To make it work, we each need to respect the other’s position and simply communicate. Face-to-face seems to be the most effective so “Don’t let your ants become alligators” communicate.
- There are a couple weeks left to “Ring the Bell”. Please sign up and enjoy seeing the people. Call Naomi at 701-541-1418 or Lenora at 701-840-1357. Thank you to all who “donate and ring” for our Barnes County Salvation Army Unit.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.” ~ C. S. Lewis
Blessings, Pray and Be Safe,