Greetings, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah,
- Wow, Snow! I don’t remember the last time we had a snow event rivaling this one, but soon there will likely be comparisons available. It was certainly a notable storm though we were Blessed to be spared the tornado type storms that struck a number of our southern states.
- Thank you to all the Valley City Employees who helped make our town passable. It was a huge task, much of which took place while we were sleeping. Thank you for a great job everyone.
- With the snow we have, there will likely be many times this winter where drifting will create snow moving “opportunities”. Please consider looking around your neighborhood for people who need help and “give them a hand”.
- Valley City is a Municipal Power City and Missouri River Energy Services (MRES), provides power beyond our WAPA Allocation. MRES also offers Electrical Line Worker Scholarships for high school seniors along with others in the electrical field. For further information, please direct questions to email@example.com.
- Sunday the 11th began a few days of meetings in Sioux Falls. Surprise, we were stranded until Saturday afternoon before driving home. Fortunately, we were able to stay at the motel where our meetings were held. Long ago, we officiated a wrestling tournament in Herman, MN. There was a storm, roads were impassable and everybody had to sleep on the mats! Being in a motel was a much better deal!
- How about “Ringing the Bell” this week? Call Naomi at 701-541-1418 or Lenora at 701-840-1357. Thank you everyone.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Blessings, Pray and Be Safe,