- Some of the LED streetlights are emitting a purple color. It is caused by a faulty covering on the bulb and the vendor will be replacing them. In the meantime, enjoy the uniqueness.
- “Vision Zero” is the NDDOT program to achieve zero fatalities from motor vehicle crashes. Please be careful for your family, friends, animals and yourself. Slow down, streets and alleys are very slippery.
- Valley City is a Municipal Power Community which provides us very good rates, excellent reliability and in 2022 our power was “on” 99.994% of the time. Thank you to our electrical team and those who had the foresight to facilitate Valley City Municipal Power.
- Our ND State Legislature is now in session. If I remember correctly, the last biennium had about 800 bills for legislators to address ……. It is mind boggling. Please thank the people who stepped forward and ran for office. To all of you out there, think about running for an office or serving on a committee as it can be very gratifying.
- A number of walkers continue walking “with traffic”. It is dangerous, please face oncoming traffic so you have a chance to avoid a distracted driver. Please “don’t text and drive”.
- Thank you recyclers. The more we recycle, the less our cost for hauling to the landfill will be. The landfill is nearing a time when cardboard will NOT be accepted so please recycle your cardboard as it will help greatly.
- Our Street Dept. is still working with fervor clearing ice from streets and removing piles of snow from intersections. Please be patient as they are doing a fine job.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.”
~ Kristen Armstrong
Blessings, Pray and Be Grateful,