- Good news, the sun is regaining power so even when the temperature is below freezing, snow is melting some. Hang in there, the weather itself must be getting tired of being cold!
- Hey, next Saturday is “April Fools’ Day”! Some say it is tied to the vernal equinox, the first day of spring, as Mother Nature would “fool” people with her changing weather. Be on guard for the friendly “April Fools” pranks.
- Last week some city employees attended the North Dakota League of Cities (NDLC) Spring Workshop for elected and appointed city officials. There were nearly 15 hours of continuing education and a networking social. Topics ranged from Capital Improvement Plans to Behavioral Health, Legislative updates and much more. Matt Gardner, Executive Director and his staff did a great job organizing the workshop and are continually working on behalf of North Dakota cities. Thank you all at NDLC.
- Please recycle, especially cardboard as the landfill is filling fast and will not accept cardboard if we are not prudent about recycling it.
- Thanks to our snow removal staff for another great job of cleaning snow from last week’s event.
- The Valley City Fire Department (VCFD) held its annual fundraiser Saturday evening at our Eagles Club. It was great. If you haven’t attended a VCFD event, watch for the next one, go and enjoy visiting with friends, games and great food! Thank you to all who make it happen.
- MRES, like NDLC, track bills at the state and federal levels on our behalf. MRES tracks bills pertaining mostly to “municipal power” while NDLC tracks bills generally pertaining to “city business”. Both are critical for Valley City and its citizens.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “You cannot do a kindness too soon as you never know how soon it will be too late.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,