NEWS & NOTES
- Last Friday the Barnes County Museum was featured in “Only in Your State”. The writer says, “This unique museum lets you see a whole new side of North Dakota” so search “Only in North Dakota” to see said feature. Wes Anderson, his board and community volunteers do a great job of curating the museum. “Though many people don’t bat an eye at county museums, this one is special!” If you haven’t been there, it is worth the trip and if you have been there, it may be time to go again. Enjoy!
- DO NOT feed deer or other animals in town as they become dependent on your “free food” and may die during winter as they don’t know how to forage efficiently.
- A “fun fact”, August 1st, for the first time, everyone on the garbage route had put containers correctly! Thank you.
- We have been experiencing numerous electrical “blinks” and some outages this summer. Squirrels are the biggest culprits as they are attracted by vibrations of the transformers, in turn causing shorts, blown fuses and “blinks”….. then are, well, you know. Both our transformers are again operating and delivering the smooth power flows to which we are accustom and we are grateful. ** By the way, our power was “on” .99999% of the time in July!!
- Our Police Department just received a new E-Bike specially designed for Police, 1st Responders & Military. We are grateful to Missouri River Energy Service (MRES) for partnering in the bike purchase. MRES, along with secured grants, activated the purchase with no cost to the city. Thank you everyone.
- Perhaps you saw pictures posted by VCPS of our Public Works Department Employees painting safety lanes and pedestrian crossings around the schools in preparation for the beginning of school. Thank you to all.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “Love makes the wildest spirit tame and the tamest spirit wild.” ~ Alex Delp
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,