NEWS & NOTES
- Hi Everybody,
- What a great weather we were afforded last weekend! Comfortable for many activities and “do-lists”. I hope you enjoyed.
- Last week our Chamber hosted another “Coffee & Conversation”. This session’s program focused on marketing and how to build attractive posters and develop eye-catching headlines. It was especially interesting as each could use a laptop to build practical applications. Watch for the next “Coffee & Conversation” and check with the Chamber Office as to how the program may help you.
- * Please pick up your dog’s poop!
- This Thursday the 21st at 4:30, noted Children’s Book Author Elizabeth Raum will appear at the VCBC Public Library. One of her books, about the 1997 flooding in our area, is noted as a “Junior Guild Gold Star Selection”. For further information about Ms. Raum, please see: www.elizabethraumbooks.com
- A favorite event in the fall season is Homecoming and we have two of them in town this week. Friday the Hi-Liners’ Homecoming Parade is at 4:00 followed by the football game with Horace at 7:00. “Go Hi-Liners”. Saturday VCSU’s Homecoming Parade begins at 10:30 followed by the 2:00 football game with Mayville State University. “Go Vikings”. Tailgating begins at 11:00 AM.
- Saturday Valley City Public Schools will host the “Blue & White Bill Jansen Memorial Cross Country Meet”. It is quite a sight as the meet is one of the largest in the state. The first races begin at 10:30 so be there early to get a good viewing position. “Go Hi-Liners”.
- We received another letter at our house about “Exterior Water Service Line Warranties”. Even though it appears to have been sent from Valley City Public Works, it was not. That said, it is a product for sale to the public from Service Line Warranties of America. Please research thoroughly before making your decision.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “A coach is someone who can give correction without causing resentment.” ~ John Wooden
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,