NEWS & NOTES
- Hello Folks,
- Congratulations to Dale Sather from our Valley City Public Works (VCPW). At the North Dakota Water & Pollution Control Conference, Dale received the American Public Works Association’s “Outstanding Individual in Public Works Award”. It was fun that Gabe Schell, from Valley City & now Bismarck, presented Dale’s award.
- Halloween is near & there will be “Trick or Treaters” on the streets, please be careful. There will be “Trunk or Treat” type events also. Check media outlets for specifics.
- Good news on construction. You undoubtably noticed 2nd Avenue NE has some blacktop and it is certainly nice being rid of the dust around there. Progress, thank you.
- Summers in the city are busy with construction projects, budgeting, O&M, securing project funding and the like. Thank you to all our city employees for going the “extra mile” during these extra busy times. Please say “Thank you” to a city employee.
- Thank you to our Valley City Police Department (VCPD) and all who work keeping us safe. With these changing times, being a police officer is even more challenging than in the past. Please say “Thank you” to a police officer.
- Thank you to our Valley City Fire Department (VCFD), all the volunteers and their families who bring it all together providing fire protection and other emergency services. Please say “Thank you” to a firefighter.
- Thank you to the team of clergy in our area who provide comfort and spiritual guidance to so many in times of need. Please say “Thank you” to a clergy person.
- Thank you to our City & County Commissioners who arrange time in their lives to serve our community, county and you citizens. Please say “thank you” to City & County Commissioners.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “Don’t give up on your dreams or your dreams will give up on you.” ~ John Wooden
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,