About Valley City
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
As of February 18 - next snowfall, the SW district will be first to be plowed.
During a snowfall event, our street department begins with the emergency snow route first, followed by the business district, then all the school districts.
Residential snow plowing works on a rotating basis going clockwise. For example, if the crew plows the NW residential area first during one snowfall, the next snowfall plowing will begin in the NE, and so forth.
Regular plowing takes 2 days, 2 districts the first day and 2 districts the second day.
PUBLIC WORKS SNOW
Please review our snow removal procedures:
1. The VC Commission authorized the designation of streets as a business maintenance and college area upon which no parking will be allowed between 12 AM and 6 AM. This will be in effect all winter to facilitate snow removal.
2. Designation of snow emergency routes upon which no parking is allowed during snowfalls or snow removal. EMERGENCY ROUTES
3. Lot owners who push snow into the streets will be cited. Existing nuisance ordinances prohibit property owners from pushing snow into the streets, thereby obstructing or endangering traffic.
4. When the snow windrow is in the middle of the street, please park parallel to allow room for traffic and city trucks, and by moving cars when crews are clearing the streets and avenues.
5. Section 23-15 of the VC Revised Ordinances requires that property owners or occupants removal all snow from their sidewalk within 24 hours after a snowfall ceases. Failure to do so may cause the Street Department to remove the snow and the cost to be assessed against the property by special assessment, in the manner prescribed by law.
6. Please watch for and yield to city trucks hauling snow.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *