- Fun Facts: Squirrels are the greatest cause of power outages. Our power was on .99967% of the time.
- Safety: Last week a young student was struck by a car and was knocked out of his/her shoes. I don’t believe speeding was involved. In school zones, construction zones and any congested areas, slow down. Remember maximum speed limits are for when conditions are perfect, they are not minimums. Please drive safely.
- Good News: A friend lost his money clip with cash and ID’s. A “Good Samaritan” turned it into the Post Office intact. Thank you to the “Good Samaritan” and our community for fostering the “right things”.
- Not as Good: Let’s please pick up our dog’s poop. It is important for hygiene and it is our responsibility as pet owners.
- Good News: Thank you to our Volunteer Fire Fighters and their families for the many sacrifices you make to protect Valley City and Barnes County. Gods’ Blessings to all.
- COVID-19 Update: The positive numbers are rising at an uncomfortable pace. From a North Dakota League of Cities (NDLC) this week, there is concern about the aforementioned and could lead to higher risk ratings. Since our spike in positives, you folks have been doing a good job of lowering the curve again. Hygiene, Social Distance and “MaskUpND” when you can’t social distance. “Work towards “Green”
- * Business Owners: You can help! Encourage wearing masks in your business establishment when people, including employees, can’t social distance. We do not want another closing of businesses.
- * Please, exercise your right to vote.
- “A random act of kindness, no matter how small, can make a tremendous impact on someone else’s life.” (Peanuts, Charlie Brown)
Blessings, Pray and Be Safe,