City Clean up
Attention Valley City Residents
May 24TH through May 28th
Valley City will conduct its annual residential waste cleanup the week of May 24TH through May 28TH. The free pickup and disposal for residential waste only.
Valley City residents are encouraged to clean up, clean off, and clean out their properties. On your regular garbage pickup day, put all your garbage, including the extra, out in your regular pick up spot by 7:00 AM, and Valley City Public Works will pick it up. There is no limit on the number of bags, cans, boxes, etc., and no extra charge. We will pick up general household garbage, couches, chairs, furniture, branches and wood DO NOT BAG OR BOX BRANCHES. Paints and liquids can be disposed of in a dry, hardened form. Cat litter, floor dry or sawdust can be used to absorb the liquid. Empty cans can be left out with garbage. LEFTOVER PAINT WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE LANDFILL DURING CLEAN UP WEEK BUT MUST BE DRIED.
Separate items into piles
- branches and tree (will be picked up the week after cleanup week)
- household garbage
- bricks, shingles, cement, wood products, rocks, large carpet rolls
Residents may take their appliances to Valley Recycling Center.
The following items WILL NOT be picked up:
Leaves and grass need to be taken to the collection site at the landfill at no charge.
- Tires must be taken to the transfer station. The disposal fee cannot be charged, cash only.
- Batteries may be taken to Valley Recycling Center.
- Scrap metal may be taken to Valley Recycling Salvage Yard at 11481 35th ST SE (north of Valley City landfill)
Help the garbage crews by putting the garbage into boxes, bags or cans not to exceed 32 gallons or 50 lbs.
Note: Free disposal of grass, leaves, branches, trees, used motor oil and metal can be disposed of at the Transfer Station all year long. Metal is free for city residents not businesses.