- After traveling to Arkansas for a grandson’s graduation, it really felt good driving into Valley City last Monday evening. I like being “home”.
- We were gone for a long weekend and one of the first things we noticed was how much colors had changed. The grass and the trees had changed considerably and that was even before the nice rain!
- Construction projects have begun around town so you are urged to drive with extra care being aware of workers, detours and equipment. Please be safe and respectful.
- As I began writing last Saturday, I wrote about dry ground and fire danger. Then Sunday morning we were Blessed with a nice rain, .96 of an inch at our house, so I had to toss my initial writing!
- We can all be grateful for the moisture as many of our area’s crops were reaching critical stages. For those of us who have been struggling with all the pollen in the air, perhaps the rain rid the air of at least some pollen. Yeah!
- Memorial Day commemorates the men and women who died while in the military serving their country, particularly those who died in battle or as a result of wounds sustained in battle; the “ultimate sacrifice”. Memorial Day 2021 is May 31st.
- * Always thank a veteran or an active military person.
- Hey, remember the Barnes County Library (845-3821) is open to walk-in traffic. The “Fairy Tale Carnival and Summer Learning Kickoff” begins June 1st from 4 to 6 PM, https://vcbclibrary.org/. This year’s theme is “Tails and Tales”. Enjoy!!
- Please get your COVID-19 Vaccination. Call CCHD @ 845-8518.
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” (Thomas Edison)
Blessings, Be Kind, Be Respectful and Pray