- Next Sunday is Mother’s Day!
- Last Thursday, I attended the “Genius Hour Showcase” at Washington Elementary School. Students chose topics for which they had passions and developed demonstrations on how to fix or invent something to satisfy each student’s passion. It was amazing and next year I would suggest you consider attending. “You Fifth Graders and teachers are fantastic, thank you.”
- City Clean-up will begin May 15th. Please separate your materials. Separate branches from furniture etc, as different trucks will pickup different materials. No appliances or metal, if you have questions, please call 845-0314.
- Valley City Public Works and MRES offer “Energy Smart” programs that save energy and lower your energy costs for the upcoming air conditioning season. See more at: https://www.brightenergysolutions.com/municipalities-container/nd/valley-city-public-works/?rebatetype=Business
- May 15th is “Peace Officers’ Memorial Day” and “Police Week” which pay tribute to those who died or were disabled in the line of duty.
- With clean roads and smooth alleys, we may not realize how fast we are driving. Speeding in the alleys could be the worst as kids and pets are sometimes playing there. Please drive slower, at times a 15 or 25 MPH speed limit is too fast for safety.
- “If you are texting, who is driving”?
- May 8-12 Valley City Public Schools will be celebrating Educators Appreciation Week. Some people who affect our students’ education are administrative assistants, bus drivers, cooks, custodians, directors, paraprofessionals, coaches, principals, substitutes, teachers and superintendents. The aforementioned people have invested much of their lives providing learning opportunities for students. Even though I am an older guy, I am thankful for so many pleasant memories of teachers from my formative years, I hope you do too.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “To teach, is to touch a life forever.” ~ Anonymous
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,