- I hope you all have been relaxed and rejuvenated by the past weekend that offered sunny warmth and cloudy cool weather. Have a great week.
- A couple perks for being a Municipal Power Community are friendly rates along with rebate programs. See https://www.brightenergysolutions.com/municipalities-container/nd/valley-city-public-works/.
- Wednesday puts a wrap on this summer’s “Music in the Park series. Greg Hager, named 2018 Entertainer of the Year by the Pro Cowboy Artist Association will be featured. Thank you to all the folks who make “Music in the Park “ happen and see you all next year.
- Last week I saw a survey indicating people in the 35-54 age bracket want to know more about their municipal power. Is that true in Valley City? If so, will you please e-mail me at: email@example.com and share your interests?
- Speaking of information, are you aware Valley City has a state-of-the art reverse osmosis water treatment plant? It is quite impressive and tours for your groups can be arranged. Sherry and Wade will be happy to accommodate, (845-0652).
- Often when we talk of Missouri River Energy Services (MRES), the topic is generation of power. Equally important however is the transmission of said power. Driving through the country we see many power lines and substations which comprise the “highways” for transmitting power. With greater power demands nowadays, transmission rights become more precious for ensuring reliable and cost effective power is delivered.
- Last Saturday, recently retired 30-year MRES CEO, Tom Heller, who is from Rock Lake, ND stopped in Valley City. He was on his way from Rock Lake back to Sioux Falls. Thank you for visiting Tom.
- “Hi” to all the folks who attended the BHS 50 + Class Reunion Saturday.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “A cowgirl is a woman with guts and a horse.” ~ TECOVAS
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,