The City Commission Meeting will begin on Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 5:00 PM CT, at City Commission Chambers, 254 2nd Avenue NE, Valley City, ND. Members of the public are not permitted in the Commission Chambers due to COVID-19 and as allowed in ND Executive Order 2020-16.
Members of the public may view the meeting online (https://zoom.us/j/98978843732?pwd=QVpONXRTOEU3Z2tIckd4Zy9RZTI0UT09) Password 5aJ44L or listen by calling (1-669-900-9128) Webinar ID: 989 7884 3732 Password 674864
Call To Order
Pledge of Allegiance (Please Stand)
Oath of Office for City Administrator Gwen Crawford
Approval of Agenda
Approval of Minutes
Minutes from May 19, 2020 meeting
Approval of Consent Agenda
- Approve Monthly Reports from the Fire Chief, Building Inspector, Auditor, Municipal Judge and Public Works Accountant.
- Approve Monthly Bills for the City and Public Works in the Amount of $
- Approve Electrician,
Plumber and/or Mechanical Contractor license for
- Maple River Electric
- On Demand Plumbing
- Approve Tree Trimming & Removal License for GS Services
Roll Call: Magnuson Erickson Powell Bishop Carlsrud
During the COVID-19 emergency, members of the public may request to make a public comment regarding city business by contacting City Hall (701) 845-1700 by 12 NOON on the day of the meeting to make arrangements.
Attorney General’s “A Citizen’s Guide to North Dakota Open Records & Open Meetings Laws” *A member of the public does not have the right to speak to the governing body at an open meeting. The public is only entitled to see and hear what happens at a meeting, and to record or broadcast those observations.
- No personal attacks to persons present or not
- No inflammatory language used during time that you have the platform
- 5 minute maximum or as directed by the chair
- Thank you for participating in City Government.
- Public Hearing for Annexation of Auditor’s Lot Number 1 of the NE1/4 of the SW ¼ of Section 27, Township 140, Range 58, Barnes County, ND (City Attorney Martineck)
Declare public hearing open.
Roll Call: Erickson Powell Magnuson Bishop Carlsrud
Approve first reading of Ordinance No. 1059, an Ordinance Relating to the Annexation of Territory described as Auditor’s Lot Number 1 of the NE1/4 of the SW ¼ of Section 27, Township 140, Range 58, Barnes County, ND (City Attorney Martineck)
Roll Call: Powell Bishop Magnuson Erickson Carlsrud
- Approve second and final reading of Ordinance No. 1056, an Ordinance Repealing Section 2-04-03 of V.C.M.C., relating to residency requirements of appointive officers and employees of city (City Attorney Martineck)
Roll Call: Bishop Erickson Powell Magnuson Carlsrud
- Approve Resolution No. 2257, a Resolution Approving Final Plans and Specifications for Permanent Flood Protection Erosion Mitigation Phase 1 (Woodland Park and Riverview Drive) and Authorizing Engineer to Advertise for Bids (KLJ)
Roll Call: Magnuson Bishop Powell Erickson Carlsrud
- Approve request for $15,000 (from city sales tax dedicated to economic development) to assist with VC Smart Restart Campaign (Jennifer Feist, Valley City-Barnes County Development Corporation)
Roll Call: Erickson Magnuson Bishop Powell Carlsrud
- Approve purchase of (2) 300KVA 480/277 Padmount Transformers from Resco in the amount of $11,899.47 (Public Works Accountant Jacobson)
Roll Call Magnuson Erickson Powell Bishop Carlsrud